Think you need money to make a difference? Think again!
Here is a list of 10 ways you can make a difference in your community without spending money:
1. Lend your hands to help beautify your community! I've volunteered with Port Arthur Beautification Commission and enjoyed every moment of it. Check your community for local trash clean up.
2. Got talent? Share it!! Nothing like singing for seniors at the nursing home or hosting a fitness class at church or the recreational center!
3. Clean out your closet and give to a local charity!
4. Got a new backpack but your old one is not really old... Give it to someone in need!
5. Pay it forward with empowering post it notes! Write an empowering quote, scripture of a simple "smile" and pass them out to strangers or better yet, leave on lockers at school.
6. Volunteer your time! Whether it be a local animal shelter, nursing home, YMCA or upcoming community activity, spread love through your time.
7. Garden for your elderly neighbor. This will make his/her day!
8. Simply say "thank you!" Trust, it goes a long way!
9. Have a lot of non-perishable items in your cabinet? Sort and give some away to local soup kitchen.
10. Coordinate a special drive for those who need clothes, food, or school supplies.